Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 1 at home.

When I got home yesterday, Frankie came walking out of his kennel wagging his tail so fast. I put the bronco blanket on the floor next to me and he immediately layed down. I put the excess blanket over top of him so that he was covered. He stayed there for the next 3.5 hours. He got up to eat and to go potty and then we set up his "suite" - (a plastic gated area, maybe 4-5' in diameter for him to stay in while we are away or can't watch him, actually made for toddlers) for him to go to bed. Frankie usually sleeps with us every night, curled up close to my side. We turned off the lights and went to bed and not even 10 minutes later, we started to hear weak little barks from the living room - over time, they got louder and louder. Morgan went out to try to calm him down but he kept barking (I wouldn't know, I was sleeping!). He came in to tell me that Frankie was still upset. I went out and ended up crawling into his suite, curled up in a ball, and Frankie immediately starting snuggling and fell fast asleep. At that point, I knew I was in there all night long. Can't say that it was the most comfortable sleep of my life - we have hardwoods with a thin area rug on it, but I slept so good. I had such a deep sleep last night, even if I did wake up two times feeling like my hipbone was severely bruised from sleeping on the hardwood!

This morning when Morgan got him up to eat and potty, I heard him yelp. Hopefully it was just the way that he was picked up. When I got up this morning and moved, he let out a tiny yelp. i am so scared that I am going to hurt him. He is deep asleep on his dog bed with two blankets over him, a bowl of water for the day, and a potty pad that he more than likely wont use. I hope he gets a lot of rest today. We may have to figure something else out for sleeping arrangements, dont know how many nights I will be able to handle sleeping on the hardwoods!

Im considering calling the vet for some pain meds, just to be safe.

It is so nice having him home, you don't even know. Probably even better for him, i haven't seen him so calm since last Friday before we took him to the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment