Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Visit, Post-Op.

Frankie - Post Op.


Frankie


It's never easy saying goodbye.


We went to see Frankie tonight. It was our first visit since his surgery. To be honest, I think I had prepared myself for the worst. The surgery incision wasn't as bad as I had prepared myself for. In fact, I didn't pay attention to it, just to him, and helping him feel comfortable. He cried and whimpered through the majority of our visit. At one point, he burried his face inbetween my and Morgan's arm, layed down, let out a few sighs and stopped crying and shaking. I could tell he felt so comfortable and relaxed, just having us near. He stood up a few times but fell over. He tried to push his way out of his kennel. The site where his IV was in his arm was bloody, which made me sad - looked like they have bandaged it a few times. He seemed tired. I know that he just wanted us near so that he could rest and sleep comfortably knowing that we were near and weren't going away. It broke my heart. I won't lie, this is definitely taking a toll on my life. I feel very depressed and struggle with motivation.

Sorry that the video and pictures are so dark, they dim the lights and we didn't want to use a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment