Sunday, January 25, 2009

Visit 2 (1/25/09 AM)

We went to visit Frankie this morning. We decided that we would visit twice today, once is the morning and once in the evening, beings we won't be able to visit tomorrow.

We weren't able to take him in a room like we did yesterday. We walked back to the area where the dogs are kept and we could hear him barking. He sounded upset. We got there and realized that they have to keep a towel over his cage because he barks and cried whenever he sees someone walking by. He seemed really stressed out today. We let him walk around for a couple minutes and his walking seemed to be about the same as yesterday. Morgan held him for the majority of our visit and he just let out little whimper cries through out whole visit. They said that he does not sleep a whole lot and just barks and cries from inside his kennel. :(

This was so hard for me to hear and deal with. Because he seemed to calm yesterday, I thought that he was adjusting well to his new temporary environment. This isn't the case. I had convinced myself that he was doing ok, which made me feel ok. Knowing that he stressed and upset makes me stressed and upset. I just want my little guy home.

We are going back to visit tonight. I will be visiting by myself on Tuesday after school/work. It is going to be a hard visit for me and I am not looking forward to it. This will be my first visit post surgery and I know that he won't be the same Frankie that I know. I am scared.

Hopefully during our visit tonight, we are able to take him into a room to spend some more personal time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment