Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 1 Post Op

I dont remember the last time that I was able to sleep well. I think that I've called our other dog, Sammy, by Frankie's name about 5 times in the last 24 hours. Poor buddy. He misses Frankie.

Well, I am super excited to be able to see Frankie tonight. I am also scared, though. It is really unlikely that I will be able to take him out of his kennel or that I will be able to hold him. But, I just want to go remind him that I am here. I have work all day and then school from 530-645 and visitation is until 730. It will take me about 30 mintues to get there, so I am hoping they still allow me to visit him. Hopefully I will get a better update than "he is doing well, sleeping in his kennel" - I mean, I don't know what else they could give me an update on, but I just feel like I need to know everything.

I should get a morning update call this morning around 10. If I do, I will be sure to update.

I am convinced that my brother and mother are the only people that read this blog, ha ha! Oh well, it serves a purpose for me - to vent and let out some emotion, that is what blogs are for, right?

Update(11:45am): I called the vet this morning to get an update on Frankie. She said that he is still sleepy, has yet to stand up on his legs - although they'd like him to. He ate a little bit when she fed him, which she was happy about. She said it will be good for me to come visit this evening because it will likely get him up on his legs. She said they will be taking his Fentanyl patch off today and that will likely encourage him to get up, as they often start moving around once the pain medication is decreased. I asked what has to occur before he can come home and she said that they keep them a minimum of 3 days, so we're looking at Thursday at the earliest. Friday would probably be better as we will be home over the weekend and won't have to leave him alone for a couple days, but we will see. I miss him so much. I got a little choked up when I hung up the phone. I just want this all to be over with and for him to be a healthy pup again. Can't wait to see him tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment