Sunday, January 25, 2009

Visit 3 (1/25/09 PM)

We went to visit Frankie one last time before surgery. Tomorrow is going to be a very rough day for us all.

The visit went pretty well, better than this morning. They attempted to catheterize him but I guess that it is difficult with dachshunds so they are going to retry tomorrow morning. He mostly stayed in our laps with his eyes heavy. We let him walk around just a bit so that we could get a video of his presurgery walk. He actually walked pretty well tonight - better than this morning and perhaps a little better than yesterday. He seemed very tired as he had difficulty keeping his eyes open. He just wanted to be close to mommy and daddy.

It sure was hard saying goodbye to him tonight. It never gets easy. I feel like it should get easier. But, I have yet to leave the facility without crying.

I hope tomorrow goes well for him. Please, everyone, think good thoughts for my little boy.

We love him very much.

Here is a picture from our visit tonight.



I will post the video as soon as the upload to youtube is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment